A two-year part time and distance learning programme, delivered by UCD, which gives graduates the skills and knowledge to support farmers in business development and innovation. Course participants are working in roles with farmers such as technical sales, consultancy, advisory services, and education delivery. The programme is delivered both online and face to face where students complete modules and assignments. Assignments are based on real life case studies relating to the student’s own work environment, reflecting the norms of practice in consultancy, support, sales and education services within the industry.
- Agricultural Extension and Innovation
- The Reflective Agricultural Advisor
- Agricultural Education
- Programme and Project Management
- Client Customer Relationships in Agricultural Work
- Group Approaches in Agriculture
- Understanding the Family Farm Business
- Research Methods
- Creative Thinking
- A final thesis
Course commences in September and runs over two academic years with approximately ten contact days on campus.
This course is now opened for applications. Check out all the information you need to know here