Graduate Development Programme –
Diploma in Leadership for the Agri-Food Sector
University College Cork
Graduate training is a vital part of the development of young professionals. While some of the larger agri-food companies have dedicated graduate training programmes, SMEs in Ireland have limited scope to develop sector relevant graduate training programmes that meet the developmental needs of their graduates. This agri-food specific Programme which leads to a level 7, Diploma in Leadership for the Agri-Food Sector offers a valuable bridge between University and working life and will provide relevant business, management, leadership and professional development skills to graduates in SME companies, without burdening the companies with the expense of developing an in-house programme.
Who Should Attend?
- Graduates who are working in an SME agriculture or agri-food company, and have the ambition & motivation to develop their management and leadership skills
- Graduates who have graduated in recent years, ideally but not necessarily from the food science, Agri or related disciplines.
- For applicants without a level 8 degree, prior experiential learning and Recognition of prior Learning (RPL) will be taken into account.
Programme Design and Delivery
The programme design facilitates individuals who are working full time, and who wish to study part time, in an integrative manner with their careers.
Ten two day interactive workshops, well separated out time wise, will be held, alternately in UCC or at a central location (with online workshops also possible, should the need arise).
An in-company project will also be undertaken by each student which enables course participants to gain an in-depth appreciation of a topic of their choice within their company.
Modules, delivered in ten 2 day workshops from January to September include :
- Introduction to Management
- Communication & Presentation skills
- Performance Management
- Business Planning
- Time Management
- Project Management & Team Working
- Decision making & Critical thinking
- Finance for non-Financial Managers
- Innovation, Sales & Marketing
If you are an employer or employee in an agribusiness take a look at our brochure here for the graduate programme targeted at SMEs in the agri food sector.